Growing & Retaining A Diverse Workforce For A Vibrant Future
Join us for conversations about how we encourage and grow local talent and recruit others in order to grow our community in equitable, thoughtful, and dynamic ways.
June 29 – Growth and a Diverse Workforce: Where Are We Now?
Series Moderator: Clark Duncan, Senior Vice President of Economic Development, Economic Development Coalition, Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Lakesha McDay, Executive Director Governmental & Community Relations, UNC Asheville
- Scott McLean, Director, Talent Management, The Biltmore Company
- Nathan Ramsey, Director, Mountain Area Workforce Development Board, Land of Sky Regional Council
- Kidada Wynn, Executive Director, Student Services, Asheville City Schools
July 27 – Growth & Retaining A Diverse Workforce From Within Buy Now
- Joseph Jamison, Equity and Network Development Specialist, United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County
- Kevin Kimrey, Director of Economic and Workforce Development, AB Tech
- Keynon Lake, Founder, My Daddy Taught Me That
- Alex Mitchiner, City of Asheville Youth Leadership Academy (CAYLA)-Workforce Programs Coordinator, City of Asheville
- My Daddy Taught Me That participant
- CAYLA participant
August 31 – In-migration: Recruiting & Retaining A Diverse Workforce Buy Now
- Debra Campbell, City Manager, City of Asheville
- Meherwan Irani, Founder, Chef and CEO, Chai Pani Restaurant Group
- Jorie Matijevich, Regional Vice President of Human Resources, Mission Health
- John Russler, Plant Manager, EATON Corporation
- Avril Pinder, County Manager, Buncombe County
All events take place at the Crowne Plaza Asheville Expo Center. Doors open at 8am for networking and breakfast and the program begins at 8:30. Tickets are $25 per event or you may purchase a series ticket for $70.
Table sponsorships (eight seats per table) are available here and are $350 per event or $1000 for the three event series. If you prefer to pay by check, please give us a call at 828-255-7100 or email email@example.com to request an invoice.